Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 3 - Fun, fun, fun.

Could not connect my computer at motel last night.  Well, accessed, but allowed Local Access ONLY.  Day 4 had same problem, so went to Denny's next door and set down, plugged in, while ordering dinner, asked for a password and they tell me that their internet is not functional.  Came back for motel office and am using their office computer.  At least that works.

So, on to day three activities.  Departed Santa Rosa, NM and stopped for the night in Monticello, UT.

After leaving the Interstate at Albuquerque, I headed north on US 550.  I have traveled 550 in Colorado and it was a beautiful ride.  This one not much different.  550 was very beautiful for about 25-30 miles.  Just fantastic mountains and wild colors.  After that ran into construction for a while and then a flagman, and then stopped and sat and waited.  Very hot sitting in the sun even with the engine shut off.

After getting settled into my motel and finding out that my computer would not work, I got frustrated and walked outside.  Motel is right on US-191 (I think).  Watching traffic and looking down the road about 50-60 yards from me I see a deer walking across the road.  Car honked at him and he bounded off.  Looked like a spike or forked horn.  No big rack, but definitely a buck.  Then a few seconds later a doe bounds across the road after him.  I started walking down the road towards where they came out and two more came out and crossed the road, maybe another 40-50 yards further down.  Very surprised to see that activity.  Right in town, although it is not a very big town.

Ending mileage for the day was 160956, which makes the daily total at 433.


No comments: