Tuesday, May 26, 2015

2015 - Back to blogging - Hope you enjoy my trip.

Today is May 26,2015 and due to a request I decided to try updating my blog.

Cannot believe that 2009 was the last time I wrote anything. Nobody has bugged me about it so I guess my blogging was not missed.

 Hopefully this time you may find something to interest you as I undertake this journey on my motorcycle over the next 2.5 weeks. Early tomorrow morning, the good Lord willing, I will depart upon this epic adventure.

When I bought this motorcycle in 2007 I had two goals in mind. I wanted to ride at least 10,000 miles a year for the next five years and I wanted to travel to all of the lower 48 states. This July I will have had the bike 8 years. The bike had 25,450 miles on it when purchased. As of the start of this trip the bike has traveled 159,677 miles. I have logged 134,227 miles in a little under 8 years. That averages out to over 16,000 miles per year. However, I still have not completely covered all of the lower 48 states.

 This trip will cover: Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, and Oklahoma. I really do not know if I will ever complete the lower 48 as I will still be missing the northeast corner of our great country.

 Well, now you have an idea of what I am planning on doing. Hopefully, I will be able to communicate some of me experiences to you. Hopefully, I will be able to access this on my laptop while on the road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good travels to you ! Hope to see you in Spearfish a week from Sunday
Oss