Saturday, June 06, 2015


Day 7 - actually June 2

Left John Ellis’ pleasant home and his two sweet Corgis after a very nice breakfast around 8 o’clock.

I started with just a long sleeved t-shirt as the temperature was reasonable.  However, I immediately started climbing in elevation.  I started getting cold fairly soon.  Lasted for about 55 miles and stopped at put on my lined denim shirt.  It was 49 already.  Got up to 55 when I stopped at the Crater Lake junction.  Did not take to time to make that detour.

By the time I got to Madras, Oregon it had climbed to 62 degrees.  Temperature stayed in the mid-60s for the rest of the day.

For you Texans where we think everything is bigger, you really need to see that Columbia River.  That is a lot of water flowing to the ocean.

Had a real problem finding a place to lay my head that night.  I checked in three different towns and finally found a very low class one in Richland, Washington.  At least it was cheap.  One of the places said the reason was probably all the school graduations.

Ending mileage for this day was 162,584 for a total on the day of 476.

No comments: