Monday, June 01, 2015

Day 5

Packed my leather jacket back in pack and wore my fleece lined denim shirt.  Started the day at 62 degrees and felt good.  It even dropped to 57 on me and then it got HOT.  Finished the day with the temp for the last hundred miles of so at 96 degrees.

I love traveling US 50, even though it is two lane road it does have minimal traffic.  Two beautiful areas were Spring Valley and Steptoe Valley.  Both were large valleys between mountain ranges.

One thought for the day was when the view made me think of a book by one of my favorite authors, Louis Lamour, called “To the far blue mountans”.

After pulling into Austin, Nevada for fuel and standing outside eating a bear claw and drinking a bottle of water I had an unusual discussion with fellow travelers.  Two young ladies pulled in driving a white car, went inside and made their purchases.  Upon exiting the store they stopped and started talking.  The one stated that this was the third time they had seen me.  The first was when I was stopped at a rest area talking to the driver of the only other car there.  The second time was when I passed them sitting back off the road under a tree eating their lunch.  At that point the lady talking stated that she had told her friend that they had better not pass me because she thought I was a cop.  She said with my silver helmet, blue sleeves, and the black motorcycle I just looked like a cop to her.  And the third time was at that fuel stop.  Never been taken for a cop before.


Ending mileage was 161,795 for 482 miles today.

No comments: