Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My Mistress, the Phat Lady


Early in 2007 I started getting real serious desires for a Honda Valkyrie. I looked and looked all over the country trying to find the right one. I even prayed about it that if it would be in God's will that it would all just fall together.

I was undergoing daily radiation treatments at the time for Prostate Cancer and was pretty much confined to the house so had plenty of time for dreaming.

I found one in Northeast Texas I thought was perfect. Colors I wanted, the price was super and just as I was ready to jump on it, it disappeared.

I found another one, perfect color, all the extra goodies I would like and a very reasonable price, but it was located in Oregon. It came on and off the market and didn't sell and I was thinking that maybe that was the one I should jump on. But, my wife did not want me being gone for 5 days to fly out there and ride it home. It too finally was sold. Out of my life, forever.

I found one in Minnesota that sounded too good to be true under 100 miles from a major city. It looked possible and the price seemed wonderful. Went back to look at it the next day and it too had disappeared.

Just days after my radiation treatments ended I found one in Colorado Springs that looked like a good possibility. I asked my sister to go check it out as she lives in Colorado Springs. She informed me that she knew nothing about bikes, but that it was pretty. She answered several questions while we were on the phone and she was at the bike. Surprising thing was it was only about 2 miles from her home.

Long story short, I flew to C.S., bought it and on July 1, 2007 climbed aboard and rode it home. First day I traveled 867 miles from Colorado Springs to my son's home in the Austin, Texas area. Left at 6:00 a.m. and arrived at 10:30.

It is a 2000 Honda Valkyrie Interstate with 25, 450 miles. It has the factory CB unit and a few extras; Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

All I can say is that bike wants to travel.

No comments: