Friday, July 03, 2009

The Hatching of the Early Bird

Later in the year 2008 I was planning on going for a ride with Southern Cruisers. They are another group that I belong to and ride with.

I woke up on Saturday morning at 8:00 (tough being retired). I realized that I was late as the ride was scheduled for KSU (kickstands up) at 8:30 and the meeting place was 25 miles away on the Northwest side of Houston. Kicking myself I started looking at the route they were taking and decided that if I hustled I could meet them at their first gas stop.

I cut across town and got there and no motorcycles, meaning I had beat them. Good! I waited, and waited and even walked down the road a bit where I expected them to come around a curve and waited with my camera at the ready so I could capture them coming in.

After waiting two hours, I called a friend in the group and she answered her cell phone very quickly. I asked, 'Are you not on the ride today?' She replied, 'The ride is tomorrow!'

Boy, did I feel embarrassed.

Things being as they were, I was planning on being in Church the next day so did not make the ride. BUT, they had the ride without me.

However, Jodie could not help but tell everyone about me showing up early for the ride. As a result, they discussed it and laughed and gave me the road name of 'Early Bird'.

And now you know the rest of the story.

No comments: